Hey, been trying to meet you.
I’m a creative director with a design background living in Detroit, MI. Equal parts creative and Type A personality, I thrive on conceptual projects, have an obsession with Microsoft Excel, and love thinking about the big picture. As a creative director I believe:
- People are more important than projects.
- Collaboration yields better results than competition.
- There’s strength in admitting frankly when you don’t know something (but you should follow it up by trying your darnedest
to find the answer!).
- Being a leader doesn’t mean you’re always the one talking.
More often than not, it means shutting up and allowing other people to talk.
- Self-awareness is crucial. Know what you’re good at and more importantly, what you’re bad at.
- Hire people who are good at what you’re bad at, then step back and let them use their talents on the job.
I served as President of the AIGA Detroit Chapter from 2011-2013 and presented at national AIGA leadership conferences in Minneapolis and in Salt Lake City. In 2012 I also presented at the Re:design conference in Chicago, IL. That year I traveled to Cannes, France to attend the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity as the inaugural recipient of the "I Am MRM" award.
Outside of work I like:
- Taking pottery classes
- Traveling to new places
- Listening to podcasts
- Cooking vegetarian food
- Sipping Malbec and Belgian beer
- Organizing and color coding things
- Spending time with my dog and two cats
- Admiring all things Eames